First attempt Ha

Here's the place for any sights you wish to remark on

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

skyhawk

First attempt Ha

Post by skyhawk »

Never done Ha before, I had a PST for YEARS sold last year because I never used it then re bought in December last year because I got back into Astronomy.

Have a Celestron Nex Image 5 camera, terrible, sorry, almost gave up, the called someone I know at the "Widescreen centre" Simon, FRAS, owner, another like me friend of Patrick Moore.

Go mono so I did, ZWO ASI 178mm

YES I know it is a cheap camera compared to some. Used for the first time today, then again used for the first time today AutoStakkert, finally adjusted in Photoshop.

First attempt, now smitten.
Attachments
sun_g8_ap2345_conv.jpg
sun_g8_ap2345_conv.jpg (61.58 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
brian livesey

Re: First attempt Ha

Post by brian livesey »

it's a good image for showing the super-granulation. Alas, the solar cycle is almost at its minimum and there isn't a single spot in sight at the moment: www.spaceweather.com .
Does this affect the frequency of prominences?
brian
skyhawk

Re: First attempt Ha

Post by skyhawk »

brian livesey wrote:it's a good image for showing the super-granulation. Alas, the solar cycle is almost at its minimum and there isn't a single spot in sight at the moment: http://www.spaceweather.com .
Does this affect the frequency of prominences?

My first image in Ha and first time stacking, almost gave up with the colour camera

Thanks
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you