Sunspot group

Here's the place for any sights you wish to remark on

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

RMSteele

Sunspot group

Post by RMSteele »

After weeks of seeing nothing on the Sun, there's a small spot in a patch of faculae close to the following limb at 0953 UT this morning. Seeing was a bit unsteady at the limb and I suspected more than 1 spot in the group but unable to be sure.
Regards Bob
Cliff

Re: Sunspot group

Post by Cliff »

Bob
Just seen your post about your observation of the small faculae on the Sun earlier today.
Yes - I observed & imaged the Sun in White Light and Hydrogen Alpha this afternoon. I didn't observe nor imaged any Sunspots in White Light but I did image a small bright patch of faculae or plage very near the North-East Limb. In saying that the N-E I refer to is not related to the Sun's rotational axis but supposedly Celestial North. In view of your potential interest I'll display my related 19th April Ha Sun image in the Gallery.
Best wishes from Cliff
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Bob
Did you manage to observe the Sun again today (20th April)?
I was lucky on 20th April; after a cloudy morning the sky cleared in the afternoon. Possibly seeing conditions were better here today than 19th April. This time I picked up the Sunspot group that I believe was what you visually observed yesterday. I'll display my related images in the gallery.
Best wishes from Cliff
RMSteele

Post by RMSteele »

Hello Cliff, Thanks very much for posting the image. Yes that's the one I saw coming round the corner yesterday morning. I counted 5 spots this afternoon, mostly tiny, coming and going in the unsteady seeing. Your image shows the faculae well - I could make that out on the projected image too. Kind thoughts, Bob