Weather makes me sick

Here's the place for any sights you wish to remark on

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

skyhawk

Weather makes me sick

Post by skyhawk »

I am not joking, when I say I can't remember the last clear night or day I mean it and I am talking MONTHS

Wales

Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
PaulB

Re: Weather makes me sick

Post by PaulB »

Agreed. It's been nonsense.

I pray for high pressure coupled with a cold polar air mass, and clear skies.
Paul Anthony Brierley
Observation Co-ordinator for.
Macclesfield Astronomical Society
https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulabrierley/
http://pabastronomy.blogspot.co.uk/2018/
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

There were a few gaps in the clouds before the Alpha Monocerotids 2019 this morning but by 04:00 it was cloudly & raining. Had to resort to looking and lisening to some of the Meteor Radars.
Engineer @ Work - Astronomer @ Play
mike a feist
Location: Portslade, Sussex Lat 50deg 51min Long 0deg 13mins West

Post by mike a feist »

Since by last observation recorded here of Mars & Spica on the 19th November, I have only been able to have a glimpse of the following:
Wednesday 20th ...Uranus at 1730 UT using 8x36 binoculars between clouds,
Friday 22nd... R Leonis at 0200 UT with 18 and 19 Leonis using 8x36 binoculars until lost to clouds,
Sunday 24th...Crescent Moon at 0635-0642 UT from bedroom window and then from backdoor using Scope, but very soon lost to cloud and no time to look for Mars or Mercury as clouded out.
In total about 10 minutes of viewing beyond the clouds and even the cloud layer was nearly always grey nimbostratus and not a sign of a rainbow either?
The most interesting sighting (which was somewhat astronomical)...Yesterday morning when traveling by bus to Worthing, and crossing the River Adur, the height of the river water was as high as I have every seen it .The mudflats where almost completely submerged with only one tiny islet remaining above the water. New Moon and Spring Tide being the astronomy, but to what extent the effect was caused by meteorology, the extra rainfall here, l do not know. Regards maf.

skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

according to weather forecast it is overcast or raining to the 9th, and that is only as far as the forecast goes :(
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you