It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:20 pm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:08 pm 

Hi
Following some comments from other people I decide to shoot some Ha data on this subject to combine with the LRGB data already obtained to help show up the star forming regions better within the galaxy. I shot 24x10 minutes of Ha to go with the 26x10 minutes Luminance, 12x10 minutes Red, 11x10 minutes Blue and 8x10 minutes Green. I blended the Ha with the Red channel before colour combining. This took a few attempts to get the balance as I wanted it but I eventually got to the results that I was looking for. The overall colour balance appears different to the LRGB image, this may be due to the Ha mix, I am unsure whether this is the case as this is the first time I have attempted this properly. The data was taken with the Tele Vue NP127/FLI(Atlas-Centreline-PL16803) which I am testing at the moment on a Paramount ME with an Officine Stellare Falco guidescope and SX Lodestar using dithering. There is a bit of differential flexure between my imaging scope and guide scope (probably due to the way things are set up)
Here is a link to the full size image
http://ic2.pbase.com/o9/29/869929/1/152 ... Bfinal.jpg
Thanks for looking
Best wishes
Gordon

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:44 am 

The surprising thing about both of your M31 portraits is that you are able to draw out so much detail from the spiral in Britain's humid atmosphere.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 pm 

brian livesey wrote:
The surprising thing about both of your M31 portraits is that you are able to draw out so much detail from the spiral in Britain's humid atmosphere.

Hi Brian
The trick is to plan the session to optimise the quality of the data. Basically LRGB is best done when there is no moon present (this is obvious to anyone) and to shoot the data when the object is close to the zenith Ie high up so as to have the minimum amount of atmosphere in the way. In a way I am lucky when imaging as I have houses and trees obstructing the lower part of the sky so I have no choice but to shoot high up. The higher up the subject is the less it is affected by light pollution and atmospheric pollution and turbulence
Best wishes
Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:25 am 

Hi Gordon,

As always my friend, your astro images are truly astounding. Sure your not using Hubble there ???

In Awe, Eddie H

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:38 pm 

This image must stand amongst the very best M31's

Regards;

254mm LX90 on Superwedge, WO ZS66SD, Helios 102mm f5 on EQ1, Hunter 11x80, Pentax 10x50
ASI120MC Toucam Pros 740k/840k/900nc mono, Pentax K110D
Ro-Ro roof shed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:55 pm 

Stunning!

Everything will be OK in the end, if its not OK, its not the end..............

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:10 pm 

I have had another reprocess to combine the best qualities if the LRGB and the Ha which I will post tomorrow
Best wishes
Gordon