Comet Swan - Keith Slucock

Photos, sketches and other images by SPA members

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

joe
Site Admin

Comet Swan - Keith Slucock

Post by joe »

Average of 18 x 2 minute exposures taken at around 7.30-8 pm BST on Oct 24th, tracked on the comet itself. 114mm refractor, SXV-H9.

Keith Slucock
Leslie Ewan

Post by Leslie Ewan »

HI Keith,
A lovely image with amazing detail in the tail.Ive not seen Swan since it became a unaided eye object I last saw it on the evening of the 23rd but it must of been close to it then.Well done again.
Regards Les.
astroeyes

Post by astroeyes »

Fantastic image, Keith and great tracking on a fast-moving comet. Brilliant imaging skills.
Regards,
David
Orion Optics DX250
Starlight Xpress SXV H9C ccd camera
Skysensor 2000 for tracking and GOTO
astrotones

Post by astrotones »

Great image that the detail in the Tail is amazing :D

James
Keith Slucock

Post by Keith Slucock »

Thanks chaps. I was amazed at just how bright the comet was when I went looking for it. Given the recent weather I guess we have been lucky to see it at all. I was expecting a 6th magnitude blur and not much of a tail, but was delighted to see a blue snowball at around 4th magnitude with a distinct hint of tail, even though my finder. A quick check on the SPA chat forum confirmed that I wasn't goind mad, and that Swan had indeed spread its wings in terms of brightness.

Even though I had a clear view of the comet in the star field through my finder, that didn't stop me getting this image upside down and back to front...