Telescope wont see Redshift Software.

Don't be shy! If you're just starting out, here's the place to ask that first question

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

David Webb

Telescope wont see Redshift Software.

Post by David Webb »

I have a Celestron 114lcm and I would like to use this scope with my Redshift ver 7 software on my Laptop.
I have an RS232 cable from scope (plugs into top of scope mount where Hand0Control goes) but being a new Laptop it has no RS232, so I bought a USB cable to convert it.
Anyway today when I run the Celestron driver it says Telescope found... OK.
It gives me the Lat/Lon on my Laptop, magic.
Now when I run Redshift 7 and I hit the menu to use the scope it says (No Celestron Telescope found) seeing as the driver was found and says ok, can anyone please tell me why Redshift dont see it?
David
Member of SPA.
Gneiss

Post by Gneiss »

If I've read your message correctly...

You need to connect the PC through the hand controller rather than directly to the mount.
David Webb

Post by David Webb »

Hello, thanks for message, yes you are right, I bought the cable that phugs into the bottom of the scope handset, then into a USB on the Laptop, it is really good too, sadly the whole system is getting little use since March because our skys have been more full of clouds for the last 7 weeks than I have seen since living here.
Bye
David
Member of SPA.
Gneiss

Re: Telescope wont see Redshift Software.

Post by Gneiss »

The astronomer's curse I'm afraid...

I remember once being sent a pair of eyepieces for evaluation and it taking nearly five weeks before I got a chance to try them at all let alone put them through their paces.

Glad you got it sorted out :)