where I can get both end caps and plugs for 2" diagonals

Astronomically-related chat

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

skyhawk

where I can get both end caps and plugs for 2" diagonals

Post by skyhawk »

Anyone know where I can get both end caps and plugs for 2" diagonals and eyepieces please, have given up looking on ebay and searching, thanks (UK ONLY)
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
LeoLion

Re: where I can get both end caps and plugs for 2" diagonals

Post by LeoLion »

Try here https://www.365astronomy.com/Eyepiece-H ... Cap-2.html '365Astronomy' as a UK source.
M54

Post by M54 »

Best plugs I have found are from Astroboot. Anodised aluminium were made by Astro Engineering. Generally referred to on Astroboot as "Posh Plugs".

Not always available, sometimes not easy to simply locate on the site, but they are good and also look good.

Cannot help on the end caps.

The 1.25" plugs tend to have a very convenient central hole that if you remove the AE sticker means you have a good collimation cap, unfortunately the 2" versions do not seem to have a hole.
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

thanks
Celestron 8" Edge HD Evolution, Esprit 120mm triplet, 72mm APO, Sky Tee 2, 6" reflecting scope, William Optics Binoviewer, Quark Daystar Ha Chromosphere on 72mm ED, LVW8mm eyepiece and Celestron 19mm Axiom, matched W.O 10 and 20mm, and a few others, D4s, D810,

For info, I am Autistic, Aspergers, ADHD, therefore if I come over as a little "short" on occasions it is not intended, thank you
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

astro engineering don't exist

M54

Post by M54 »

Plugs are sold by Astroboot, they were made by Astro Engineering.
Just checked Feb 6 and I cannot see any 2" plugs, they have 1.25" plugs but they are of little use.

http://www.astroboot.co.uk/AstroBoot

1.25" plugs if the link works:
http://www.astroboot.co.uk/images/astro ... age021.JPG

Easy option is at the home page select at the search for 2" fittings, it is one of thje selectable options.

Astro Engineering ceased (I think) some years ago, Astyro Engineering seeemed to ba part of the 3 (?) companies that made up astromony and Nature at Ely. So no idea where Astroboot get the plugs from. If they are old stock they have or had a very large box of the things somewhere.
David Frydman

Post by David Frydman »

Are plumbing pipes made in 2 inch fittings, with end plugs?

Regards,
David
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

blasted good reply, I'll check