First Light Optics

The place to discuss telescopes, binoculars, CCDs and other equipment

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

AJ

First Light Optics

Post by AJ »

Hi Everyone,

Just a query? Have many of you had dealings with FLO.

I orderd a Solar Filter from them Over a Month ago and am still waiting after promis after promis that it would be here next day The last promis was on Monday after much talk explaining that I'd had sevetal E-Mails to the effect that it was dispatched and was informed by Steve that it was in his hand ready for passing to City Link carriers for delivery yesterday. Still nothing...Now the latest phone call (To day 10 minutes ago) informed me that they were now closed until Monday. I'm fed up of trying to get this sorted with Steve but to no avail

Any sugestions Guys????

AJ
"The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend

200mm f/5.91 Dobsonian Sky Watcher, 150mm Dobsonian, 114mm Celestron Short Newt, 10x50 Bino's x2pairs, 2No Digi Cams, 2no 35mmSLRs, Acuter Digital Imager.
Sky Watcher Mac/Cass 127 on EQ3-2
FinePix S5700 Digie Cam
mutley

Post by mutley »

none with flo, plenty with city link...worse courier in the business.
8" lx200gps
ZS110 heq5 pro
First Light Optics

Post by First Light Optics »

Hi AJ,

Have just left a message on your answering machine: Your filter was dispatched in time for delivery yesterday (City Link manifest 5221140) but it was delayed as a result of City Link moving their depot from one side of Exeter to a trading estate on the other. My City Link driver was kind enough to go in yesterday, in his own time, to release about a dozen of FLO's parcels, including yours, from a storage cage for delivery today.... In theory.

City Link aside, the recent difficulties obtaining Astrozap should be a thing of the past now that we have received this this latest shipment.

Apologies to those affected and thank-you for your patience.

Steve
AJ

Public Apology

Post by AJ »

Hi Everyone,

Have spoken to Steve regarding the last post of mine. The filter arrived later that day and I have sent Steve an apology via E-mail. However due to the advertised sizes of these Solar filters I ended up with one that would fit two scopes together so it looks as if I will have to try again.....

One of these days something will go right for me :oops:

AJ
"The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend

200mm f/5.91 Dobsonian Sky Watcher, 150mm Dobsonian, 114mm Celestron Short Newt, 10x50 Bino's x2pairs, 2No Digi Cams, 2no 35mmSLRs, Acuter Digital Imager.
Sky Watcher Mac/Cass 127 on EQ3-2
FinePix S5700 Digie Cam
goodtime

Post by goodtime »

I have ordered a scope and other things from Steve at FLO and I have found the service to be great. When I ordered my scope (on a Sunday), I had it 2 days later and at a lower price than I could have gotten it anywhere else.

If you are not satisfied I could only think that it would be due to something out of Steve's control...
Andrew
Eyes, binoculars, CubePro, AT72ED, EOS 20Da, DSI II Pro,

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Gregger

Post by Gregger »

My LightBridge took 36 hours to be dlievered by FLO, no probs there
First Light Optics

Re: Public Apology

Thanks chaps,
AJ wrote: .. due to the advertised sizes of these Solar filters I ended up with one that would fit two scopes together so it looks as if I will have to try again.....
Just return it, with the OTA's diameter, and I'll refund/exchange it for another (most sizes are now available from stock).

Steve :)
orion f6.3

Post by orion f6.3 »

city-link :evil: :evil: :evil: orion
Deep and Dark.

Orion Optics 250mm f 6.3 Hi-Lux 1/4PV DOB
EQ6 GOTO c/w 250mm rings
Skywatcher Equinox ED 66 PRO
Star Raker Bino Mount
Nikon 8x32 SE
VIXEN LV Eyepieces 4mm 5mm 6mm 7mm 9mm 10mm 12mm 15mm 20mm 25mm
T2

Post by T2 »

mutley wrote:none with flo, plenty with city link...worse courier in the business.
You're right mutley. I avoid ordering from companies who despatch goods via City Link. One item they left in my rubbish bin, but left me no note. It was the day before the bins were emptied. Twice they've left me notes saying simply that they tried to deliver, but didn't say who "they" were. I had to call the seller to ask who they sent the item with. Another time they told FLO that i'd signed for an item, which was a complete lie and fraudulent as they hadn't even been to my house.
RETAILERS!Please don't use City Link!!!!!!!
C8se
Michael Hezzlewood

Post by Michael Hezzlewood »

Hi AJ,

I only have good things to say about FLO, Steve is both honest and reliable. City Link on the other hand is a different matter. They are a unreliable company at best. A few years ago I had ordered a 5" Takahashi fluorite refractor from True Technology and paid for next day delivery. City Link took five days to deliver it, their excuse was that the driver had took time off to watch the football.
Mike.
Director SPA Planetary Section.
goodtime

Post by goodtime »

Hi there,

2 cents time:

I have had problems with Citylink in the past. They wouldn't even try to deliver a package to me, just come by and stick a card through the letter slot. I don't think they even had the package on the van. I was sitting in the house waiting for the delivery, listening for someone at the door, they didn't knock or anything, just slipped a card into the letter box. I ended up having to drive 70 miles round trip to get the package... that's what Citylink calls service.

But I have ordered things from First Light Optics and they were shipped Citylink and deliveries have always been spot on. I would swear it's not the same company.

I think there may be more than one Citylink depot handling deliveries.
Andrew
Eyes, binoculars, CubePro, AT72ED, EOS 20Da, DSI II Pro,

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

goodtime wrote:I have had problems with Citylink in the past.
Citylink left my brand new Canon 400D DSLR outside on the doorstep IN THE RAIN. :shock: (at the time it was worth £500). Needless to say, I was not impressed. I complained to Amazon but they palmed me off with a statement saying that they were satisfied with Citylink's service. :roll:
Paul.

Skywatcher 80ED, Explorer 200, H-alpha PST, HEQ5 Pro, Atik 16ic-s, Canon 350D (modified for Ha & IR), Canon 40D (unmodified), Philips SPC900NC colour SC1 and Toucam II B&W SC1.5, ST-102 guidescope, x2.5 & x5 TeleVue Powermates, PhDguiding
Wishlist: Atik 314L, cooled DSLR, Explorer 300, EQ6 Pro
First Light Optics

FWIW, we now use 'Business Post'.

So far we have had only a couple of problems where goods have been misdirected to the wrong depot but overall we are pleased :)

Steve
tom@absolutions.co.uk

Post by tom@absolutions.co.uk »

Hi Group,

I have just registered and this is my first post.

I was looking for Mac OSx control software for the Celestron SE 6 when I came across this thread and felt I had add a comment.

My wife bought the telescope from Steve at FLO for me for birthday, she had absolutely no idea what she was looking for until she rang Steve who spent a great deal of time with her to make sure that I wouldn't be disappointed with my first scope.

I have since purchased a number of small items and his response is just the same, patient and informative.

You got my vote Steve.

Don't even get me started on City Link!!!!

Thanks again Steve and FLO

Tom
martinss

Post by martinss »

Ditto to all the positive comments about FLO.

You do a blinding job, thanks for everything.

:D :D :D

Martin
'I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people...'[/b] Sir Isaac Newton
Scope:LXD75 10" SNT, Laptop, UnModded Phillips SPC900NC, Canon EOS5D and associated bits and bobs; Also using a stolen 2.5" Skywatcher Refractor (my son's).
Websites: http://www.hantsastro.org - http://www.m109.co.uk - http://www.saban.co.uk - http://www.workingimage.co.uk . Wishlist - Moonlight Crayford[/size]