Dark Matter -- No Matter?

The non amateur stuff. Hawking, black holes, that sort of thing

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

davep

Dark Matter -- No Matter?

Post by davep »

Via CERN Courier: General Relativity Resolves Galactic Rotation Without Exotic Dark Matter.

I won't pretend to have read the paper, let alone understood any part of it. But it seems like a story worth watching.
davep

Post by davep »

For anyone who did look at the above, I've just noticed that Singular disk of matter in the Cooperstock and Tieu galaxy model seems to respond to the previous paper.
jck100

Post by jck100 »

Hi Dave,

All I can say is dark matter is required due to the fundamental way matter formed from the energy at big bang.

If all the energy turned to matter it would not matter but it does matter because that is not the case.

Naturally there was a lot of energy so a lot of energy went into forming matter shortly after big bang but then as the energy was more widely spread after that matter then the actual formation of more matter increases with time.

Given that principle then it takes longer and longer to form matter so that matter would be dark matter as ongoing formation of matter.

john
If I have seen further than others it is because I moved the giants out of the way.
davep

Post by davep »

jck100 wrote:Given that principle then it takes longer and longer to form matter so that matter would be dark matter as ongoing formation of matter.
Are you saying that you know what is causing the dark matter effect and you have knowledge of how the cause forms?
jck100

Post by jck100 »

davep,

You know exactly what the hydrogen atom is formed from, it is the energy from big bang. There was nothing else.

The problem is that science has fundamental particles for the atom and that relates to those being that energy at big bang and that cannot be correct. All the energy at big bang would need to be exactly the same particle for particle. You cannot create many fundamental particles from one solitary particle.

All you can create are composites derived from that single energy particle in various fused forms.

Away from the standard model there is no reason why this energy is not fusing to create the composites to this day so dark matter should be detected.

john
jck
If I have seen further than others it is because I moved the giants out of the way.
davep

Post by davep »

jck100 wrote:All you can create are composites derived from that single energy particle in various fused forms.
Isn't that essentially what string "theory" seeks to describe?
jck100 wrote:Away from the standard model there is no reason why this energy is not fusing to create the composites to this day so dark matter should be detected.
Given what you're saying: is there a reason why energy would always tend towards matter? And why would it tend towards "dark mark" now?