Dark energy stars..

The non amateur stuff. Hawking, black holes, that sort of thing

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

brian livesey

Dark energy stars..

Post by brian livesey »

There's a new explanation for dark energy/matter in the current issue of NEW SCIENTIST. A physicist has postulated the existence of "dark energy stars". It's a terribly esoteric article!
brian
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Dear Brian
I think I just read the New Scientist article you referred to.
If I understand the particular article correctly these particular "dark energy stars" are pretty huge. Indeed so big that one such "dark energy star" actually contains our entire universe inside it.
Esoteric; I dare not say what I think about that particular idea \ hypothesis \ theory or whatever it might be. It is not that I am lost for words, just that I dare not say them.
The next thing someone will be suggesting there are possibly two or three or twenty six of these dark energy stars in twenty seven different dimensions - or maybe somewhere else.
Best of luck from Cliff
brian livesey

Let's wait and see..

Post by brian livesey »

I re-read the article,Cliff,and it didn't seem to be quite as esoteric as the first once-over-lightly reading.
At least,it's a simpler idea and it claims to eliminate the "quantum paradoxes" associated with current theory about dark matter/energy. It might eliminate blackholes too,for which there's still no direct observational proof (I've always said it's plugholes!).
Let's wait and see. :wink:
brian
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Dear Brian
Perhaps i should re-read the New scientist article as well.
However, I find cosmology more than confusing enough without the possibility of dark energy stars. I am afraid cosmologists are beginning to leave me feeling cold.
Best wishes from Cliff
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

I do not get New Scientist so could not read the article. Does anybody know if it is online anywhere ?

I thought the arguments for dark matter and dark energy were separate (basically the one thing they have in common is “darkâ€