New CfDS forum

Discuss the greatest threat to amateur astronomy today

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore, JohnM

Flying Astronomer

New CfDS forum

Post by Flying Astronomer »

I wouldn't want to steal anything from the SPA forum, which is excellent, but I've set-up a new forum specifically for CfDS purposes.

Everyone welcome, of course, just that the emphasis, I hope, will be on the dissemination of information and particularly good campaigning techniques and so on. Currently, the CfDS central site has no facility for this kind of thing, and I think it should.

You can find the board at:

http://cfds.proboards58.com/

As usual, you need to register before posting.

John (LO, Anglesey & Gwynedd (and various other dark corners of Wales!)

Flying Astronomer

Post by Flying Astronomer »

I should add that I would now warmly welcome any contributions of good LP images that you are happy to have posted on the forum (you may do this yourself), and that CfDS-related activities can use for education, publicity and all other non-commercial use only.

Lamps, pictures of the night sky ('unaided-eye' type photos only, please), and any other relevant material for the campaign are suitable.

The more contributors we get, the stronger our campaign will get.

Thanks!

J.

Rosanella

Re: New CfDS forum

Post by Rosanella »

Can somene advise me on how to get in touch with with someone at Campaign for Dark Skies, as I would like to include their outreach program in the event I'm organising at our local festival, this Summer.

It is quite urgent, as I need to give a definite answer to the festival's manager by the end of next week.

Thank you.

N.B. I did try to reach one of the Regional Officers for the London region, but he's away.

Rosanella
If we do not try, we will not know. (Ayya Khema)
8)