More bad news.

Discuss the greatest threat to amateur astronomy today

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore, JohnM

Cliff

More bad news.

Post by Cliff »

Dear al
Back to the dark nights.
Waliking round the neighbourhood I just noticed one resident has recently got 4 No. new new garden lights stuck on a front floor bed.
Whilst from our rear garden I have noticed two additional new security lights, both seem to on all night (one about 50 the other 100 metres away). There were already three all night security lights in the vicinity previously, (not to mention several others infra-red trigger operated, plus streetlights of course).
Best of luck from Cliff

Mike Feist

Post by Mike Feist »

In Brighton a group of 'artists' have erected huge screens along the top of a row of terraced houses and intend to project images onto them once it gets dark for a week! One show will include I believe the aurora borealis (real or simulated??). If there is an actual aurora people will not be able to see that!
Mike

Paul Sutherland
Site Admin

Post by Paul Sutherland »

Kick up a fuss and let the Evening Argus know all about it. You might be able to get some good publicity for astronomy out of it.

Paul

Paul S

Post by Paul S »

Paul Sutherland wrote:You might be able to get some good publicity for astronomy out of it.
Paul
Brighton Argus? surely it would end up being something like "Artists Stop Astrologist Seeing Zodiac"

:lol:

Cheers

Paul
200mm f6 Revelation 8 Dob
Bins: 10 x 50 & 8 x 21

Paul Sutherland
Site Admin

Post by Paul Sutherland »

Well it is 27 years since I was a reporter there. Might have gone downhill since then. :-)

Paul